2008 Christmas Letter

2008 Collver Christmas Letter

Greetings from the Collver's. This year has been quite eventful and I don't want to bore you with all the details. So here is a short update from each of us Collver's.

Dale
This last year I continued to work on my schooling while enjoying being a father, husband, pastor, and photographer. I attended camp with my outgoing 8th graders this summer and with the Middle School Students at Tadmor. We had a great time. I have an amazing staff and couldn't do it without them. I just created a new blogspot for the Middle School, http://www.hillchurchhilllife.blogspot.com/ . Check out the crazy things we do to love on kids these days. Also, visit http://www.dalesphotography.com/ if you want to check out what we are up to in the Photography business. Other than that, I thank you all for being a part of our lives.

Heather
This last year I continued to stay at home while contributing to the family with various tasks that included my usual duties of a mother and a wife along with part-time childcare. I also took care of the bookkeeping for the Photography business. I also dabbled a little in photography, but mostly worked on my new business, Creative Designs by Heather. I recently started my own blog site which showcases some of my work. Check it out if you get a chance http://www.creativedesignsbyheather.blogspot.com/ . I continue to volunteer at the church as an attendant at Scotty's Playhouse on Tuesdays and on Sundays and Wednesdays I volunteer in the Middle School Youth department at our church. During the year, I alternate writing a devotional with my sister at http://www.womenofworship.blogspot.com/ another shameless plug. Anyway, I have enjoyed all the wonderful people that have made my life so colorful this year and I am excited about some new relationships in my life. I sure hope that you know how special you are to us.

Hayley
Hayley has continued to volunteer in the KC Crew team at the church, leading kids church in worship. She joined the Choir at school and really enjoyed that. This Fall, Hayley participated on the Jr. Quizzing team with the church and has had 2 Quiz Meets so far. She just turned 11 and is in the 5th grade. She has enjoyed getting to know more people and learning new things. Hayley is also doing well in school. Hayley loves her Webkinz, American Girl Doll and spending time with her best friend, Calista. The highlight of her life right now is the visit to Madras with grandma and grandpa.

Hannah
Hannah had another great Soccer season. She is 7 years old now and is in the 2nd grade. This Fall, Hannah has been practicing ballet at The Gallery Ballet and absolutely loves it. She is looking forward to her first recital in a few weeks. Other than that, she loves everything that has to do with Math, loves to spend time with her friend, Emma and enjoys visiting with her great friend, Joshua. She loves to play on her daddy's PSP and spend time with her buddy Gil. She really loves to play with her American Girl Doll.

Hayden
Hayden says she likes ballet, preschool at church on Tuesdays and Thursdays and sitting on mommy's lap. She turned 4 in July. She likes to play ball too. She says she got a new dog and loves her new dogie. She loves her parents and likes to do ABC's and play games. She likes to go to the park and play with Aidan and Addyson. She likes her friends, Mylee and Hunter at school too. Her favorite things to play with are her sisters and their American Girl Dolls and playdoh.

Roxie
Our newest addition to the family, Roxie, is 7 weeks old. Her mom and dad were rescued and so we think she is mostly Lab and Shepherd, but don't really care because she is really adorable and fun. Most of the time, she chases the girls feet as they run from her. In general, she is a baby pup that wants constant attention, several potty breaks and lots of sleep. It was just too lonely around here after Sable passed last year, so it was a blessing to our family that Roxie came into our lives when she did.

Looking Ahead
We are off to California again this Christmas break. It seems this will be our holiday tradition as long as we have a Disney visa card and our friends, the Mora's, to celebrate the holiday with. We had our first Thanksgiving at our house this year and found several new ways to use Turkey leftovers. Heather is still a Beaver's fan and Dale likes the Ducks colors. They match his truck. We are looking forward to this next year. As the summer draws near, our daughter will start a new chapter, Middle School. I will be testing the waters as a Middle School camp volunteer this year and Hannah will attend her first year at camp. Dale and I will celebrate 19 years together (13 married). We look forward to spending time with our friends and family this year. We pray for blessings and good health for everyone. This last year, we prayed for the Aumspacher, Berry, Eggerth, Hon, and Lee families. We look forward to the 5 new families we will be praying for this year. We will draw names at the beginning of the year.

Merry Christmas,
The Collver's

Comments

Angela said…
Just because I will spend half of the day checking out your shamless plugs I thought I would add mine too:
http://stolpe4.blogspot.com/
http://canvasfellowship.blogspot.com/


hehehe, great letter...hope to see you guys post more stuff...

Popular Posts