Recital

Hannah and Hayden are both enrolled in ballet instruction on Wednesday nights. Our Wednesday schedule this Fall has been quite chaotic.
2:40 I pick up Hannah from school
3:30 pick up Hayley from Choir practice
3:45-4:15 I have less than an hour to prepare a meal for Hannah and Hayden, get Hayden dressed and hair up in a bun and off to ballet. 45 minutes later, Hannah is dressed, fed and hair up in a bun, I am off to Cj's house to drop off Hayley, where she will be fed and then dropped off at the church for KC Crew practice and Jr. Quizzing. Then I head off to pick up Hayden and Lauren and drop off Hannah. From there, I drop off Lauren, head up to the church, check in Hayden and then head over and pick up Hannah. Then I head back to the church, check in Hannah and head to the gym for Middle School Youth Group. I greet the students and check them in. 7:05 PM, Youth group starts and I am beat. I spend time with Youth staff in the kitchen and taking care of any miscellaneous things that Dale needs help with. 8:15 PM, I am ready to crash, time to pick up the kids from class. 8:30 PM, I am headed to Cj's to drop her off and head home. Get home, let puppy out for a potty run, put kids to bed, pray for them, pray for Dale to get home safe. 9:00 PM. Drop!!!! 10 PM Dale gets home, he's tired too. Sometime during the night we tend to puppy potty runs and most usually Hayden's sore legs and aching foot.

Thursday morning, wake up. Kids are off to school. Time to rest.

It is all worth it. Ballet, the chaos, serving at Youth group.

Sunday, December 14 was the girls ballet recital. It was another chaotic day of tutu prepping, hair slicking, rehearsal, and photos. It was also snowing outside, my grandma came to see the girls and we went to dinner. The snow continued to fall and we settled in the theater with other anxious parents and family to watch our girls display the best of their skills. A few technical errors and several classes later, we were dismissed to find 3 inches of snow had accumulated on the van. Most every business had closed, but Walgreen's bright light invited us in to purchase ice cream for the kids. We head home. No school Monday, Yeah, the girls are exhausted, but excited about their day, their accomplishments, their snow day.

Praise God for these moments. I hope you enjoy the video.

Comments

Angela said…
I love the video. The girls are amazing and beautiful. I am so glad you posted this so we could see it ;~)
Meg said…
hey there--this is Meghan, Hayden's ballet teacher and Hannah's assistant teacher. I was going through my notebooks and stuff today and found your Christmas card in amongst everything with your blog address so decided to check it out. I'm glad to hear that the girls are enjoying ballet. They are both very sweet and great dancers! I really enjoy having them in class. I'll see you guys on Wednesday. I think I might have some pics of the recital somewhere on my blog as well. The address is jesusfreakmeg.blogspot.com

Popular Posts