2009 Annual Collver Christmas Letter

A woman of many words, I am on the second round of editing the 3 page letter that describes our year. I give it a bit of thought and decide that I should just post mini blogs for each month of the last year and it would shorten this letter by at least 5000 words. What will I fill this letter with, then, if I am not going to include the happenings of the year. I guess I could write a reflection.

2009 was an eventful year for us Collver’s. There were great achievements, milestones and amazing memories that will last for years to come.

As we near the end of 2009 and look forward to 2010, I am filled with emotion. Not just because it is natural for me, being a woman and all, but because I am reminded how big my God really is. I am reminded of the birth of my Savior and the intimacy of my relationship with Him. A warm feeling fills my soul when I also think of my family. How each of them has their own personal relationship with their Creator, their Savior. Just like the unique relationships we share with each and every one of our friends and family.

I am overwhelmed at the amazing love that has been poured out for our family this year. Each event I wanted to cover began or ended with an act of love. Christmas is a spiritual holiday for us. We celebrate the birth of our Savior, who loved us so much. We, the Collver’s, have learned more about life and death and love and grace this year than we expected. It fills us with joy, peace and gratitude.

So how do I cover it all in one letter? I simply can’t. I was created uniquely in the area of words. I love words and I can’t seem to fit them all into one letter. I can’t seem to express the gratitude that I have for all that we have been given in such a short time.

I pray special blessings for those of you reading our letter this year. I pray for health, I pray for prosperity. I pray for healing and peace. I pray that each of us would experience a loving relationship with our savior. As we celebrate the season with gatherings, gifts and giving, I pray that the birth of our Savior will not grow dim.

For all our friends and family, near and far, we look forward to the next time we are able to gather with you in fellowship. We look forward to what the next year will bring for you. The learning and growing and the excitement of not knowing what will come of 2010. So we look forward with anticipation of the gifts that we will unwrap throughout the year, the ones that weren’t planned. The love that we will experience, and the relationships that will grow and change. For these gifts are ones that we can take with us anywhere, anytime.

Merry Christmas to you and blessings for you and your family,

Heather Collver
(if you want to read more, I posted a blog for each month. Enjoy!!!)

Comments

Popular Posts