What Christmas Means to Hayley

I think Christmas is about fun, families, giving presents and last but certainly not least, Jesus’ birth. On Christmas, we do need to focus on Jesus' birth, but I do not think it would be Christmas without presents. People say Christmas should not be about presents, but if you think about it, didn’t the wise men bring Jesus gifts? Gifts at Christmastime should be about giving and not for thinking of what you will get back.

My favorite thing about Christmas is reading the story of Jesus; even though I have heard it more than once, it is like an adventure. Adventures start unexpectedly, like Mary did not wake up when she was little and know that she was going to be a virgin and still give birth to Jesus, Gods only son. She did not know she was going to have to ride on a donkey for miles a day just to give birth in a manger. She started a journey that not only changed her life. A journey that affected us all.

I also like being with my family because it is a time were everyone is happy and with family; telling jokes, telling stories about previous Christmas's, opening presents from others, singing Christmas carols, and if they are lucky and in the right place, families play in the snow and make snowballs.

These paragraphs above really do explain what I think Christmas is about and what I love doing with my family and I hope you liked it and agree a little or more. I did not make this “stuff” up. I do thank you for taking your time to read this.

Thank you,
Hayley Collver

WOW!! Hayley has grown into such an amazing young lady. She has a heart for those who are lost and truly cares about her friends. She is beginning to see the world through a bigger perspective and living out her faith seperately than ours. I am amazed by her perspective at times and encouraged by her growth and servants hearts.

Comments

Popular Posts