What Christmas Means to Heather

This year will be different as we are not heading down to California for our traditions with the Mora family, and that will be pretty hard. I love traditions. I guess I feel like traditions are something to hold on to, something of value. Something I can pass on to generations to come.

Christmas is a time of reflection for me. I love to reflect on the year. What growth have my children made in their lives? What have I accomplished and how did I make a difference? What can I do to improve myself and what are we doing as a family to love on others?

It is also a time of year where it just feels so good to be around friends and family. It is a time to make memories and cherish our loved ones. I look forward to the adventures while we stay in Oregon this year. This Christmas will be especially memorable as Hayden has chosen to follow Christ and that is big news here. She made the decision on her own and is so excited to serve and love others. The peace of knowing my family has a hope and a future beyond the realm of this world gives me great joy.

I pray that we will be shining lights as we discover what this season has in store for us. I pray that we will connect with old friends, encourage and love one another, and enjoy the company of friends and family. I wish everyone a blessed Christmas season and a very happy new year filled with experiences and adventures to warm your hearts.

Comments

Popular Posts